This tutorial shows how to update your email signature on a Mac, here is the Windows tutorial.
1. Choose Preferences in Outlook
2. Choose Signatures
3. Choose to Add (the plus symbol) or Edit
4. This is the default Iowa State University email signature from our marketing department. There is one image included.
5. Right click on the image you need to add alternative text to, in this case it's the Iowa State University logo.
6. Edit the text (right now it reads, Inline image 1) in the window to a meaningful description that will help screen readers and text-to-speech software.
7. I changed the alt text to Iowa State University logo.
8. Finally, I wanted to make sure I was within the Level AA WCAG 2.1 guidelines. I changed the text size to 12 points and removed the letters before the phone number, email address and web address. These letters will confuse a screen reader and text-to-speech software by reading the letters aloud.